Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ruffler & Mom's Tote

For Christmas, I received this weird looking attachment for my sewing machine. I was so excited to get it - I figured anything that could make a ruffle without me having to gather it by hand would be a dream and I needed to try it.
It's taken me this long to use it...I was a tad intimidated at first. Now, I want to put a ruffle on everything! It is really slick! Here is a tote bag I finished yesterday for my Mom. I was able to make the ruffle for the top in no time. No breaking threads - that was the best!

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

What a lovely tote you have made for your Mom.
Alison

Cheryl said...

Totally adorable tote!! I will be happy to see you listing things on ebay again! You make the cutest purses, pillows, etc..I love it all!

Anonymous said...

It is so cute, I love the ruffle attachment, I want one!!

Unknown said...

Hi Karoline! Its really nice to meet you.. thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you stop by often... I really like your place! I see we have some things in common.. married the same amount of years and we both live in WA! I am on the other side though..

I have to tell you how much I LOVE that tote you made! It would go so well in my 5 year old daughters room!
Take care,