Monday, May 19, 2008

Finally...Some Color!

It's starting to finally feel like spring has arrived around here. We have had gorgeous weather for the last 5 days or so. I decided I better try and capture some photos of what's blooming in our yard before it's gone... We have lots and lots of very mature Rhododendrons on our property. I love this time of the year when most of them are in full bloom! This particular hot pink variety is one of my favs.
I love the deep coral color and the smaller blooms on this one.
My second favorite of all, is this light pink one. The flowers open up really big and kind of remind me of Hibiscus flowers.
Since we had record heat over the weekend, the shrubs aren't keeping their blooms for long. All the bumble bees are buzzing around like crazy though.
Pink is by far my favorite color, but I love this red!
The snowballs are getting close to turning bright white.
Isn't this pink Dogwood gorgeous?
And the lilac trees are smelling so sweet too.
I planted my first small vegetable garden this year. I'm excited to see how it does. So far I think I'm doing ok.
Our resident Robin has even laid some eggs. Can you see her in her nest?
Dexter is so happy to be able to be outside again.
All he wants to do is play ball. I toss it to him and he tosses it right back to me. This goes on and on and on... Isn't he so cute!? I bet you just wanna kiss him. Oh, he loves kisses!
We've been loving going outside and not actually having to wear a sweater or jacket - whoo hoo! Yea, it finally feels like spring in the Pacific Northwest!

4 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Karoline what beautiful flowers in your garden
Alison

LiLi M. said...

Whow what beautiful rhododendorons! Here you see a lilac type in the woods, but of course you can see more colors on private properties. I especially like that pale pink one and your snow ball. Hope the wheaters stays good, here it went worse unfortunately.
I do hope that you will post more of your garden. Not only blossoms and flowers but some overall pictures too! (when you have time and you feel like it of course). I'm looking forward to that!

Linda said...

Good morning Karoline, all your flowers are just gorgeous....I especially liked the snowball bush.Seeing yours I remember my parents had them in their yard...I think I would like one for mine.
Dexter is a cutie...we had a little black cocker (Sadie) they are the sweetest. Have a happy day. Hugs, Linda

p.s. We've had high temps too but today we bounced back to the 70s.

Rose of Sharon said...

Oh how gorgeous! What pretty flowers! I love spring!!!
:o) Sharon