Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Shopping, Creating, Snowing, Celebrating

Thought I'd share a little bit of what we've been doing for the last couple of weeks.
Sydney, my mom and I made our annual trip to our favorite market in Ballard - we needed to pick up a few things for our Christmas dinner.
The girls created their first gingerbread house with help from their cousin Shannon.
They were so proud of it, but couldn't wait to eat it either!
I made a couple of vintage chenille stockings for teacher gifts and
filled them with yummy toffee butter crunch.
For the last week or so, we've had a bunch of snow fall.
It really is such a treat since we don't get much that sticks around here for long.
Sydney and Daphne have enjoyed playing in it too, well... until the snow gets into their boots or up their sleeves - then they are done with it and want to go inside - now!
Monday, we awoke to more than 10 inches!
It's looking like we'll have a white Christmas too - more snow is in the forecast. Yippee!
We will be celebrating Christmas Eve with my hubby's side of the family and Christmas day will be spent with my family here at our house.
Here is a picture of the tree in our basement rec room. This is where we'll spend Christmas day, it's a nice sized open room that we can all hang out and be together in.

6 comments:

Connie said...

Those are the "pinkest" cheeks I've ever seen on a cutie patootie, my little sweet cherub!!! What a doll. And the snow falling in the Pacific NW???? Yep, we're getting here in Idaho also and looks beautiful. Red room???? What a wonderful cheery place to spend your Christmas! Whooooaaa,honey, you are truly blessed. Come over and peek at my Christmas post!
Smooches,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that peak into your holidays. Your girls are so incredibly adorable (I know I've said that before) and those chenille stockings are killing me. You have such a variety of chenille and such a nice touch with it. Merry Christmas!

Peggy said...

I love the snow on the birdhouse!

Have a great Christmas!

Peggy
http://pegslifeinthebuttonjar.blogspot.com

LiLi M. said...

Merry Christmas with your family Karoline, your girls and your mother look so sweet!

Linda said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Karoline. I love the stockings! Your girls are the cutest, especially with their rosey cheeks...hugs, Linda

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

You have two of the cutest little snow bunnies that I've ever seen! Love those pink cheeks and broad smiles.
Blessings,
Kay