Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pretty Buttons!

One of my favorite purchase at Farm Chicks was this pretty charm bracelet.
I ran into Laura (WSU Laura) at the show and right away noticed the sparkly bracelet she was wearing. Right then, I knew I had to have one too!
Lisa (A Thing For Roses) created the bracelet using lots of pretty vintage buttons. I was thrilled when I found she had one left for me to buy.
I've now added a few more buttons from my stash of favorite buttons (you know, the ones you love so much that you never use) to it. I'm so happy to finally use some of my favs and love how the bracelet just keeps getting prettier!

A few weeks ago, I put together a few rings using a couple vintage buttons and an old earring. Big rings seem to be all the rage right now.
I love wearing these!

Tomorrow, is Sydney's last day of 1st grade.
She thought her teacher would like a button charm bracelet like mine, so I made one for her.
It turned out really pretty.

To wrap it, I made a little bag out of a vintage hanky.
The coordinating fabric flower is made from the same hanky. I glued the flower to a clothespin which made a great closure for the little bag.
Sydney then attached a note to her teacher.
Oh boy, is she going to miss Mrs. Emery!

20 comments:

WSU Laura said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love your bracelet and the one you made is gorgeous too. Her teacher is going to love it. I also like those rings. You are one creative lady.

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Swooning over the bling AND all the pics of Farm Chicks show. Want to go someday! I'm having a give away 6/21/. Hope to see your comment!

Mo said...

I love old buttons. What a nice gift for a favorite teacher.

Patina said...

The bracelet turned out so nice. I wish I was her teacher!
What a great gift!

Alison Gibbs said...

Love your bracelet.
Wow Sydney's teacher is going to loooove.. her gift
Alison

Lovey said...

Such a sweet and heartfelt gift!

Anonymous said...

beautiful - once again...YOU'VE OUTDONE YOURSELF!

Lori said...

Oh Sydney is adorable! What a wonderful gift! Fabulous job! Lori

June said...

Oh Karoline I wish I could have seen at Farm Chicks. Were youthere Sat or Sun. I was there on Sat. Wasn't it totally awesome. I got the best stuff and met such great people. Can't wait to see all your goodies.
hugs

June said...

Oh Karoline I wish I could have seen at Farm Chicks. Were youthere Sat or Sun. I was there on Sat. Wasn't it totally awesome. I got the best stuff and met such great people. Can't wait to see all your goodies.
hugs

sue W said...

LOVE the bracelet! love the sparkle, I think I need better buttons! very cool rings too. Oh heck, I love it all. I think I need to live next door to you.

-Cheryl said...

Wow, I love the button bracelets and rings! But I'm not as crafty as you, so I went to your Etsy store, but it looks like the shelves are empty. Are you taking orders?

Carly said...

Hi,
Found you on pinterist, these bracelets are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing! I'm a follower!
Have a Suneday!
Carly

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Ooohhhh - I would love to know how to make this!!! I have lots of old buttons, might you have a tutorial somewhere? Hope to hear from you!!!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

aprils1 said...

I would love to know how to make one too!

Becky's Rose Cottage said...

I have a zillion vintage buttons and would love to know how to make these. I have several a daughter, two daughters-in-law, two sisters as well as 5 granddaughters who I know would love one. Nieces and a Goddaughter,too. Have you ever done a tutorial on these or posted instruction? If you could direct me to a place to learn I would be most grateful. Most Sincerely, Becky Wierzbicki

Wendy said...

I found you via Pinterest and just had to comment on how much I love your items. :) The rings are fabulous and I think I may try to make something similar if you don't mind.

Barbara Jean said...

love the bracelets!!

blessings
barbara jean

Pinklady said...

Have so many old buttons saved for years by my Mother...now I know how to "display" them...a bracelet for me! Thanks!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love it all!