It was a fun project to do together, and we think they turned out pretty cute too!
If you're interested in making 'em, here's a little tutorial for you:
2. Find a suitable item to use as a form and cover with plastic wrap. (We used vintage jello molds)
3. Mix equal parts of Elmer's glue and water. Now is the time to solicit some workers. You'll love the extra help!
4. Dip paper into the glue mixture until saturated. Remove excess glue (so it doesn't drip too much) before layering on your form.
5. Using a few layers of paper, cover mold completely, leaving no gaps.
6. After your form is covered (and still wet), take a few dry pieces of shredded paper and apply randomly giving it a "nesty" look.
7. Allow to dry (10-12 hours).
When dry, fill with extra paper shred and yummy treats!