Friday, February 17, 2012

Maui Coffee

We took a field trip today and checked out a coffee plantation here in Maui. I'm not a coffee connoisseur, so I have never paid attention to anything having to do with coffee.
I learned something new today!
I had no idea the process starts with these pretty flowers.
Which then turns into fruit which kinda looks like grapes.
Sometimes the fruit is dried (like in the picture below), and the beans are extracted. Though most often, the fruit goes through some type of water process that retrieves the beans.
If you're ever in Maui, it's worth a visit to the Maui Grown Coffee company store.
They offer free tasting!
Or, if you can't visit in person, check out their website here - they ship!
My mom says it's great coffee - I trust her opinion since she's an actual connoisseur. ;o)
Even though I don't have any interest in coffee, I did find some things to purchase.
I can't wait to make something fun with it, I mean them!

No comments: