Friday, December 14, 2007

Not Everything is Pink around here....

I've had so much fun visiting homes of all those who participated in Karla's Cottage "What you love about your Holiday Home" blog party. I've so appreciated all the nice comments I've received too. Thanks!
Here are a few peeks at some of the traditional colors I decorate with in our downstairs family room. It's OK for your home to have different styles, right????

Our multi-color lighted tree (never thought I'd have anything but white lights) is really charming. I tried to stick with a vintage toy theme, but each year I've been adding to it with anything we find we love.

The tree in all it's glory surrounded with coordinating pillows. :o)

Gotta love '32 Ford hiboys and old ornaments in a crystal compote. What a combo! :o)

Here is the railing leading up the stairs.

My mom gave me this snowman, I just love him!

I found this old school desk for 5 bucks and painted it black. It is much loved by our 5 year old budding artist.

I just love these old ornaments. Hard to see, but there is a fabulous very old Santa in the front jar, he is spectacular!







No comments: