Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Farm Chicks 2011

Saturday morning at 6:45am, we were on the road to Spokane headed to Farm Chicks!
By 11:15am, we were in the parking lot of the fairgrounds ready for some shopping.


My parents met us at the gate with our tickets. Even though the line was much shorter this year due to ticket pre-sales, it was still so nice we didn't have to wait at all.


Last year, I was so overwhelmed as soon as I stepped foot into the show. It is so hard to explain the feeling... I guess it's just something you have to experience yourself.
This year was much better. Arriving a little later than the BIG rush made it so much less stressful. We still felt like we were caught up in the frenzy, and that makes it so FUN!


The whole experience is so crazy, really. I told myself I'd take a lot of pictures to share, but I got so caught up in the moment, I completely forgot. I did pull out my camera to get a pic of this Brach's candy shelf. I really, really, loved it!


Here is a picture collage and list of what came home with me:
old wooden ironing board, milkshake glasses, two funeral baskets, 1956 All laundry soap bucket, a handful of old buttons, beaded purse, and two vintage tablecloths.


Old funeral baskets are by far, one of my most favorite things to collect.
The two I bought, fit in perfectly with some others I have on my mantel.


Check out other Farm Chick experiences here.
And, if you haven't been yourself, you must next year!

7 comments:

A Treasured Past said...

The girls look adorable in their dress-up show shopping outfits. Great finds, especially the baskets and laundry bucket. Tam x

Just a bed of roses said...

I just found your blog through isabella's, I too was a shopper at farm chicks. Would love to be a seller, but own a real shop, not sure about doing both.

glad you showed your Treasures...I too am a funeral basket- aholic in fact i should blog about it.
There were so many wonderful ones.

we had a dang truck full of stuff because we went back the next day.
I remember my husband saying...if it were not for those funeral baskets... things would fit so much easier!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures...the girls look adorable. It was so nice to see you again, Karoline. So glad you could come and enjoy the day with your family.

Laurie said...

I really would love to go! Your little old lady cart is so cute! And those baskets look amazing! What fun, thanks for sharing the pictures!

KayteeJanes House said...

Love the pictures from The Farm Chicks. I love that Brach's Candy display. You scored some great vintage treasures!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I adore those baskets on your mantel and the way you have them arranged. This looks like such a fun show, only wish I lived closer. You sure found some wonderful goodies.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

You found some great treasures, but your little girls are absolutely adorable in their ruffles!
:)
~Becca~