Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Croquet? Bocce Ball? Anyone?

When was the last time you played Croquet?
It's been so long, I can't remember the last time I had played.
But a few weeks ago, in all its charming, vintage glory, this set was begging to be played - so that's what we did!
Oh my! It's funny how a seemingly gentle sport, can turn into a fiercely competitive game.
Doggone it! I don't think I could have had any better luck hitting the wickets if I tried -hmpf! Somehow, the wickets just kept getting in the way of my ball, and made it impossible for it to pass through - ha! I'm such a poor loser...
Thankfully, at least I didn't come in last again the second game too - ha!
And, how about Bocce Ball?
It's another game we like to play during the summer.
Although it can take some skill and strategy to win, it's such a fun game that anyone can play.

Some of us use the "strong flying method" ...
While others... well, they just don't have a method at all - ha!
No matter what method, or skill. Good times are guaranteed!

1 comment:

1 Funky Woman said...

Darling photos! I love the action shots and it sure looks like everyone had a great time! I think we need to get our set out. It could use a good dusting off I'm sure!

Megan