Monday, February 16, 2009

Snowmobiling Fun

This past weekend we went over to my brothers cabin in Eastern Washington to go snowmobiling. On Saturday, six of us went out and rode about 50 miles and Sunday we rode 45 miles. The picture below is Scott and I standing in front of an ice fountain we came across. Can you tell we are smiling for the camera? hehe
We rode in the Fish Lake sno-park with over 180 miles of trails. My brother and sister-in-law are fantastic tour guides and take us all over the park. The cool thing is, their cabin backs up to the sno-park so you can just hop on the machines and go - no need to trailer anywhere. Here is my Daddy and sister-in-law Debbie taking a short break from riding.
While we were out riding Saturday and Sunday, my mom stayed back at the cabin with Sydney and Daphne. The girls waited so patiently for us to return because when we did, it was their turn to ride! Sydney had a blast riding on this cute snowmobile that was just her size.
Daphne had a ball going for sleigh rides over and over again. Grandma even went for a ride with Daphne.
We had a terrific weekend!
We are so thankful for our family and the fun times we get to spend together!

3 comments:

LiLi M. said...

OOohhh this looks like sooo much fun! I'm not a ski type of person nor skating but this would be my cup of tea too! Your daughter looks so happy, I can imagine you are greatful to have this kind of fun trips with your family.

Lori said...

Gosh what fun! I love snow, and will miss it soon here! Now as for the sleigh...ADORABLE!!!!! Lori

Mimi's Rose Chenille Boutique said...

This sure does bring back wonderful memories of growing up in Wisconsin and snowmobiling on the weekends with my grandparents and friends!

Looks like your precious little girls have gotten so big! I know how much you enjoy spending time with your family, what a wonderful thing to be able to do!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to say "hi!".

Mimi