Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yay! The Lilacs Are Blooming...

...just in time for Mother's Day! Definitely one of my most favorite flowers and fragrance.
I've been painting some furniture the last couple of days. On Wednesday, I picked up this little table at a thrift store for $2.99. We had the chairs, but everything needed to be painted to coordinate together. Sydney picked out the white plastic pitcher at the thrift store to use as a vase, and I hemmed up a remnant of fabric for the tablecloth. We cut some lilacs for the centerpiece, and now both girls are busy setting up for a tea party in their newly decorated house.
I better be invited... hehe

6 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

Ahh, the days of childhood! Playhouses and little girls...I miss them soo. I love the table and chairs. Lilacs are such a treat aren't they?
Rene'

Diane Mars said...

The girls house looks darling how fun, you all have a wonderful Mothers Day.
Hugs, Diane

KatCollects said...

Lilacs are my favorite, I love the smell of them. I have one white and one purple plant but they are not very big yet. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.
Kathy

Caroline said...

The table and chairs is so sweet. Love the tablecloth and the lilac...one of my favorite spring flowers.

Constantine… said...

The girls are so sweet! Love the table & chairs and the playhouse!!
I love your lilacs too!!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Everything's darling, including your little munchkin! Toooo cute!

Warm blessings,
Spencer