Saturday, February 23, 2008

5*5*5*5*5* MeMe

This was fun!
Sarah tagged me to do a 5*5*5*5*5*Book MeMe.
Here's what you have to do....
*1* Get your favorite book
*2* Turn to page 55
*3* From the top of the page, count down to the 5th sentence
*4* Write it and the following four (a grand total of 5 sentences)
*5* Tag 5 more people
One of my favorite books of all time is My Dog Skip by Willie Morris. So that's what I chose for this MeMe.
It happened during the regular eleven A.M. Sunday church service - in the summertime, before air-conditioning, a broiling forenoon of August, with all the church doors open. On the organ my mother was accompanying Mrs. Stella Birdsong, who had the most inappropriate surname in all the annals of music - a heavy - set matron with an askew left eye, half glass, half real, it seemed to us, although that may not have been possible from the ophthalmological perspective - who was known in our area for her shrill, disharmonious high soprano notes, which caused chandeliers to rattle in her all-too-frequent performances. Henjie and I were seated on the isle in a middle pew when he nudged me and pointed toward his ear as a signal for me to listen to something. Through the open door came the unmistakable sound from down the street of several dogs barking individually, and then in chorus, and getting closer by the minute. One of these barks, I perceived, belonged to Old Skip.
Here are the 5 I now tag:
4. Lisa
5. Pat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karoline!
Thanks for dropping by and taking the survey, have a great day!~xo

Anonymous said...

Yey thanks for doing the meme! That's sounds an interesting book, I'm not familiar with it though I'll have to investigate it further.

Hugs.

Sarah x

Paula said...

Sounds like fun! We've been a little crazy around here this week & I have lots of stuff I've been meaning to post. I'm going to put up my 5*5*5*5*5 MeMe this afternoon!