Saturday, February 2, 2008

Just Like the Old Days

I had such a fun Saturday!
My mom, dad and I went together to this show today. It was just like old times. The 3 of us heading out to go antiquing....

I had two things in my mind that I really wanted to search for today. First was an old Romeo & Juliet or Shakespeare book and second, I wanted to find a candy box that had roses or flowers on it. Well... of course I found what I was looking for and more!
Here's what I got... a jar of buttons, 10 individual buttons, some misc. buttons on cards, 2 Victorian shoe button hooks, an assortment of die cuts, an old Valentine, a German Easter egg, a vintage Bulova watch, some old millinery flowers, vintage velvet, silk and rayon ribbon, 2 elfinware rose placecard holders, a Dresden rose placecard holder, vintage crocheted pillowcase trim, an old lipstick holder w/ rhinestones, a quilted divided tray, a Russell Stover candy box and an old Shakespeare book. It was a great day!

The 3 of us together today, had me reminiscing.... When I was growing up, I took many Sunday drives and road trips with my parents. We always had to take the backway/roads (i.e. the long way) to wherever we were headed stopping at each antique shop, show, flea market, or estate sale along the way. This always drove me crazy! I would always ask, "so why can't we just take the freeway and get there fast, why do we have to take the long way?" Since my brothers are 8 and 5 years older then me, they were able to stay home by themselves I guess. I never had the choice if I wanted to go or not, I HAD to go, so naturally I never wanted to go. If you would have told me back then how much I'd love antiquing as I do now, I never would have believed you!


7 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh what treasures! What fun to go out and about with your parents again. Reliving your childhood but this time you enjoyed it.
Alison

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

wow!! you found lots of wonderful goodies!! I love Pyuallup(I am sure that s spelled wrong!! lol) I go to the fair there,but have never been to a antique show there. How fun!!
xo Britt

Cheryl said...

Oh! What fun! Antique shows are always fun, and you never know what you are going to find...so exciting! I'm sure you had a blast with your parents and traveling down memory lane with what treasures they remember growing up with! I hope you took lots of pictures to share! Cheryl :)

Lisa Johnson said...

I just love all of your treasures and would have bought them myself if I was at that sale. I'm glad you had a good time with your parents.

Lisa

Nora Lee said...

I love all of these little things! It sounds like the best part of the day was spending it with your parents, what a great day :)
Sandra

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What wonderful treasures! I remember taking back roads when I was growing up too...
Penny

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I had to stop back again because I finally saw the photo of your valentine...GORGEOUS! He did good!

Also, love all of your vintage finds! I am an antiquer too so I enjoyed seeing what you picked up.

Check out my blog for my latest finds!