Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I'm so excited!!!! The day has finally arrived to reveal our Valentine secret admirer. This was my first swap and even though I've been freaking out cuz I'm hoping I did OK.... it was so fun and I can't wait to do more of 'em !!


Thanks so much Jenn and Cheryl for hosting!



I was a secret admirer to Jana Perenchio and I have been secretly visiting her blog ever since I received her name in the swap. I discovered she likes red, so that was the color I went with. Here is what I sent...

The swap was to include items with hearts, cherubs, and chocolate. First thing I made was this hanging lavender heart sachet pillow out of vintage chenille. The vintage image is from an old postcard that was made into a fabric block.


I made the keepsake box next - my first one ever! I had fun creating it and can't wait to make some Easter boxes now.... I wanted to use some type of sheet music on the box but since I didn't have anything like that, I improvised and typed up song lyrics from one of her favorite bands.... I wonder if she will notice???


And lastly, here are some button magnets I put together.


OK, so now for the really really fun part! This is what I received!!!! I just have to say, how excited I was to open this package. Sydney was just as excited, and she helped me unwrap everything. Look at my new bracelet, I love it!

Check out all of the other goodies my secret admirer sent me, heart earrings, a sparkly xoxo garland, a cute cherub to paint, heart ornaments, body butter, tags, socks, a yummy chocolate bar with a pretty label, and lots and lots of stuff to create with. I love it all! I am spoiled! Thank you secret admirer. I'm off to search and find you so I can personally thank you.


Here are a few pictures of my vintage Valentines displayed around my living room.



This year I decorated a Valentine tree for the girls bedroom. They both love having the lights on when they go night night. The xoxo banner from my secret admirer looks so cute in their room too.




Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!



6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Karoline! What fun to do a valentine swap! One of my favorite times of the year! Don't worry, I think you did very good! Everything looks cute! I hope you have a wonderful valentine's day with your sweetie!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful gifts. How lovely!

Paula said...

Your house looks so pretty with all the valentine decorations! Love the secret valentine exchange. Very fun!!!

Cheryl Ensom said...

Oh my! What pretties you sent...I especially love the heart-shaped chenille hanging pillow. TDF! And what pretty things you got from your admirer. Love that pink dresser, Sweets! Thanks so much for joining in on our swap. Hugs to you...cheryl :)

Sandy said...

yummy swap goodies! Everything is displayed so pretty! Love this little pink tree! Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Jana said...

Karoline!!! I FINALLY found you! I hadn't been back to Jenn's blog since she'd posted who each other's secret cupids were so Ann-Marie helped me find you. I absolutely LOVE everything you sent...it was packaed so adorably and was all SO SO SO cute so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!! I posted pics on my blog & flickr too! You're the best.