Friday, January 11, 2008

The Debut

Its only been a couple weeks since I started this project.... and it's finally done!
The hall tree is a nice change for our entry. If you remember from a few posts back - I've had the door since last summer, and the vanity bench from year ago February.
I was really excited to make something with the old door, but couldn't figure out what. First I thought a headboard, then a table (no room for that though), next I thought I could just lean it up against the wall somewhere (but I don't have any extra wall space either), finally a light bulb went off in my head and I thought it would be cool to somehow put the bench and door together and make a hall tree.
I cut legs off a little old side table which I used to construct part of the arm rests. Hubby then cut the scrap wood we had just laying around for the top part of the arms. I painted it all white, added hooks, covered the bench with a cute pink rosebud quilt remnant, added a pink tulle skirt, and hung a fabulous vintage scallop edged mirror. I love it!
Hubby is happy too since these two things really did become something, and they're not in the garage anymore!



5 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

As it says on your mirroe - beautiful.
Alison

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful idea..that turned into something fabulous! A great piece to display and use in any room of your house! P.S Love the color pink you chose for your entry way! Cheryl

Paula said...

Very pretty!!!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love this, so pretty!
Sandra Evertson

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

what a welcoming entry!! First of all, that pink is perfect, and when you put the new creation in front of it, wow!!