Friday, May 21, 2010

Flowers From Vintage Jello Molds

Completely inspired by these, I set out to make my own.

I gathered together some of my vintage jello molds.
Next, I went to town cutting, drilling, and piecing together the molds to form flowers.
I used some aluminum cookie molds, and a few lamp parts too.

After spray painting the flowers, stems, and leaves, I stapled them to my new picket fence section.

So fun to make, I love the whimsy charm they add to my picket fence!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Reuse, Repurpose, and Upcycle

Look at this stack of beautifully weathered cedar!

Piled up for the taking, this wood is the old fencing from our church. Since my daddy was in charge of the fence project, I asked him to save me some of this awesome old wood. I had some ideas how to reuse it in my garden.

I had my hubby rip a few boards and build me a picket fence section.
Next, I repurposed a few vintage sifters. They make wonderful flower containers since they come prepared with drainage!

Today, I'm working on something more to add to the fence section.
They're turning out so cute. Can't wait to show you!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bunnies and Weasels, and Mountain Beavers, Oh My!

Lately, playing in the dirt has been foremost on my to-do list.
I was able to get our little raised vegetable garden planted a couple weeks ago.

Everything seemed to be growing right along, until this cutie showed up and pretty much ate through the whole bed!

I was quickly beginning to change my mind about his cuteness. Ugh!
Thankfully, all it took was a bit of chicken wire for me and Bun Rab to coexist in harmony.

My little garden is thriving again, and Bun Rab seems to have moved on and found some other things to satisfy his tummy.
I think we're gonna have some issues once again when it comes to my roses!

Now, if only the weasels and mountain beaver would stay out of sight, I'd get a lot more dirt playing time, in. Their sightings, have made me (and Sydney) so jumpy - yikes!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Today, we did a little May Day celebrating.
I put together the needed supplies last night, so when the girls woke up this morning, they could get right to work making their May baskets.
I kept the supplies simple - tin cans, scrapbook and vintage wallpaper papers, ribbons, tags, buttons, and wire.
Once the baskets were completed, we went for a walk through our yard and gathered any and all flowers we could find that were blooming.

Next came the best part - "Ding" and "Dash"!
Although the girls didn't really "Dash", they loved delivering their handmade baskets.

It was a fun day!

Happy May Day!