Monday, October 6, 2008

Sidetracked Again...

Yesterday, I was given this gorgeous old funeral basket from a dear friend at church. It is absolutely stunning! Thanks so much Audrey, I love it!!!
I was so excited to add it to my collection - I just needed to figure out where I'd display it.
One thing lead to another and soon I was rearranging our bedroom...
Our room is quite small and it's packed with furniture!
I actually only moved 2 pieces of furniture - the chest of drawers and my vanity. It ended up making quite a difference in overall space.
I hung a vintage prom gown on the wall, and framed it with a old mirror harp.
Since I moved the chest of drawers from under the window, it freed up some space, giving me a wonderful spot for my dress form. The peg rack displaying a few of my favorite vintage batiste baby dresses was rehung under the window. I've been trying real hard to declutter and I think I did pretty well in our room... It's really hard for me - I like lots o' stuff. hehe
A picture of my most favorite piece of furniture concludes the full circle tour of our bedroom.
Oh, I almost forgot.... I did a little makeover to this bench today. Here is the before,
and the after...
I covered the seat with a vintage barkcloth remnant and painted the wood black. Since I have a few darker accent pieces now, I decided to go with black - completely opposite of my standard off white. I actually like the change!

16 comments:

Miss Gracie's House said...

I just hopped over from Cute Pink Stuff-love it here! Beautiful arrangements, creative ideas put to work (those are still just *ideas* in my head!), and your daughters are just darling! I'll be back!
Rene'

LiLi M. said...

I love your bedroom make over. Everything is great ( I see you did your bed lol) especially that prom dress with the mirror harp is stunning! Have a nice day!

Connie said...

I love what you've done in that bedroom, honey pie! Quite like I'd have my own. Very comfy, cozy and romantic, chickee.......
Smooches,
Connie

Patina said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful. Isn't it funny how one item can have you re-arrange the entire room. Love the basket!

Lola Enchanted said...

What a beautiful room!!!~

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

What a gorgeous bedroom you have, really love the prom dress on the wall, really looks stunning.

Lyn xoxoxo

gail said...

Hi, I was looking around different blogs, but I just had to stop by and comment on your banner photo. Its just beautiful. I love your pink bedroom!!! YOur blog is very nice... happy creating, gail

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I love your photos of your home. The basket is great. I collect them and they are so much fun to decorate with. They come in so many sizes and shapes and the wonderful old colors too. It looks great in your room.
Debra of Maisonstgermain.com

Heidi Ann said...

Your bedroom looks beautiful - and I absolutely LOVE the way you transformed the bench/stool!

Anonymous said...

I love the prom dress on the wall...very pretty!!

suzanne said...

Gorgeous room! I love the gown humg on the wall. You are very creative@ Stop by and visit my blog anytime.
suzanne

Kathi said...

Karoline, Your room is gorgeous! I love it. Kathi

Linda said...

Karoline....your bedroom is gorgeous! Love the way you displayed the dreamy prom dress....hugs, Linda

Maison Douce said...

It looks like the perfect bedroom, dreamy and soothing!! Love the prom dress hanging on the wall...!!
Isabel

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Such a darling funeral basket that your friend gave to you. Your bedroom is just gorgeous and romantic looking.

Becky

Coleen said...

just found your blog..oh my!! love the prom dress on the wall.i have one that I have been meaning to hang,too!! ..bought it from Queen of Tarte...sigh..so many ideas..so little time..love the funeral basket, too.i have a framed old ceiling tile that I was told came from a mortuary....maybe I should get a funeral basket to display near it...some people think that is creepy, but, I think it is kewl.....