Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

I bought 8 pounds of strawberries the other day.
No, I did not cover all 8 pounds in chocolate... hehe
I bought the berries because I needed to replenish my freezer jam stash.
After making 2 batches of jam and slicing a large bowl for snacking, I decided to cover the really big ones with chocolate. Mmmm
Here's what I do:
Take 3 cups of semi sweet chips, 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, and 1-2 TBSP of shortening. Microwave on high for approximately 2 minutes and stir until completly melted. Wash the strawberries and pat dry. Dip in chocolate and set onto a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle some with melted white chocolate if desired. Refrigerate until firm.

3 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Mmmmmmm....

Luckily I still have to go to the market. I started this day at the computer, first things first! Now I know that this just had to be...

Your project is amazing too!

KatCollects said...

Yummy, I haven't made these for a long time. Our fruit stand just openend here a couple days ago I think I will make some.
Kathy

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

hummm delicious!... as your blog!!! :)
love your creations.