Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Huckleberry Muffins

Yesterday, the girls and I picked enough "hunkle berries" (as Daphne would say) to bake something. We were trying to get enough to make a tart - but we'd still be out there picking... If you've ever picked wild huckleberries, you'll know what I mean, it really takes awhile to get any accumulated. We decided to make muffins (thanks for the suggestion Vicki!) instead since we ended up picking only one cup of berries.
My Huckleberry Muffins
1/4 Cup butter
3/4 Cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 Cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 Cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 Cup huckleberries
(blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries would work as well too)
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time - beating well. Add vanilla. Alternate flour, soda, and salt with sour cream into butter mixture. Fold in berries.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes approximately 16 muffins
Since I have eager pickers and have been asked to make more muffins, I better get busy...

2 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Mmmmmm! Is your daughter wearing her new dress while eating these? ;-) I love your banner!

Sandra said...

Yummy! They looks delish!
Blessings,
Sandra