Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Spoon Lampshade

Just a little while ago, Isabel shared a lamp shade she had made over using old spoons. When I saw hers, I knew I had to make myself one too!
I used six silverplate spoons that I had my hubby drill holes through.
Next, I tied the spoons to the lampshade frame with rayon seam binding.
I then wove tulle around the frame to soften it up a bit.
For the last couple of months, I have been in the process of rearranging and de-cluttering. I can't believe I'm not done yet... I get almost satisfied with the look in one area, then I mistakenly start rearranging in another. All of which end up in disarray! hmmmm
My cute little spoon lampshade sits in a newly arranged corner of our dining room. Sorry the picture is cut off. I haven't yet managed to get the area below picked up. hehe

5 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Where do you all get these ideas!
That is so cute. I wish I had a little tea house in my backyard...That would definately be in there! Your redecorating looks very nice!

LiLi M. said...

Your lamp shade turned out great! Hahaha, I love showing anything on my blog, it is indeed better than in real life as you can cut off the nasty corners (or that fat behind in my case!). Have a nice day!

Connie said...

Well, chickee, I LOVE the little lamp shade!! You're very creative. I understand how you feel about decluttering. *Sigh*........me too!! Darling decorating you have, sweetpea.......
Smooches,
Connie

Fete et Fleur said...

This is truly brilliant. I love it!

Nancy

Rose of Sharon said...

That is the coolest looking shade! I love it! Very creative. I love the little corner you have it it, it is so pretty!

Hugs, Sharon