Friday, September 12, 2008

Summer Endings Then Back To School

It's hard to believe that summer vacation is over....
We enjoyed every bit of our time spent up at the beach.
Here's some of what we did the last two weeks in August:
we spent time playing with friends picked wonderful blackberries at Grandma & Grandpa S's house
made blackberry cobbler's, pies, and even froze some berries for later use
witnessed more beautiful rainbows
went to a fun and fabulous tea party hosted by my sister-in-law Paula
enjoyed this gorgeous sunset while out on the boat one evening
did some antiquing and flea market shopping (I'll have to share my finds later)
The water looked like this the night we left to go home. It was smashingly beautiful! When the sun setting behind us reflected off the clouds, everything turned pink.
A fantastic summer was had by all in our household. We already can't wait for next summer!
**********************************
- Back to School -
9 days ago Sydney started kindergarten.
She absolutely loves it, and can't wait to go each day. I wonder if it's because of the crush she has on the new cute boy she told me about..... hehe
Daphne started preschool this week. She informed me that her favorite parts of the day were recess and snack time. :o)

6 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Your summer adventures seems to comeout of a book about an ideal family, I'm serious! Too bad it is over now and I can understand why you are looking forward to next summer! Here the weather has been so bad that we all have a feeling that we have missed summer. Let's hope we will have a lovely autumn but until now we have had lots of rain :-(
Have a great weekend with your lovely family!

Connie said...

Maaaaaaan, have your got a gorgeous family, honey!! They are adorable and that "party" they're having looks like THEY are loooovin' it, sweet chick........
Smooches,
Connie

Maison Douce said...

Sounds like a great summer!! And your girls look adorable on their back to school do's!! My baby is also in kindergarden this year and is loving it... He wants to take a flower to his teacher everyday!!
Isabel

Linda said...

Summer did seem to just fly. Your summer was busy and the last two weeks were filled with lovely times...a perfect ending.
Your girls look so cute on their way back to school...my daughter is grown but I stll remember the first days. Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

AWWWWWW they look adorable :) School is such a fun time at that age

Kathi said...

Karoline, It looks like you have had some really fun times with your family. Your girls are sooo cute. The first day of school is a big event. I had a hard time of it, but I'm doing okay now. I miss them so much, but I get so much done while they are in school. Enjoy your day. Kathi