Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Antique German Doll Ornament

A couple weeks ago I purchased two ornament kits from Beth Quinn Designs.
They were quick, fun and easy to put together. I love the little antique German doll transformed into an angel. These little dolls have most likely recently been dug up in Thuringia, Germany in a little village called Limbach. All kinds of neat old doll parts are being discovered and dug up because of the old doll factories that were once there. Even though the dolls aren't perfect, I think they are so charming. I think they are so cool considering they date from 1890-1910 and have been in the dirt this long...
I purchased the two kits from Beth so I could give one as a gift and keep one for myself.
I know this is terrible... but I now want to keep both!

5 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Oh Karen we seem to have almost exactly the same taste; I love these too and I have a couple of rejected doll heads from Thuringen too. You did a fine job and I can imagine that you want to keep them both!

LiLi M. said...

So sorry I mean Karoline of course, blush blush....

Unknown said...

What a precious ornament you have. That is a neat story about the dolls from Thuringen. I would love something like that!

It's lovely, thanks for sharing. :)

Cheryl said...

What lovely ornaments! I can see why you would want to keep both! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara Jean said...

Those are adorable!
Suppose you coud even glitze up some platic doll and make it look all cute with lace.
Another idea, not enough time.

thanks
Barbara Jean