Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Favorite Tree

May is a beautiful month here in the Pacific Northwest. I love how green and lush it is around here. I wanted to share a pic of my favorite tree. If you're looking to plant a tree in your yard, I highly recommend a Katsura. They make a wonderful shade tree for the Summer, and display beautiful colors in the Fall. I love the heart shaped leaves and how they appear to be hanging in mid air. When the leaves change in the Fall, they give off a cotton candy like scent.
It's really yummy!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

What a pretty tree. I like the shape of the leaves. I also like your music. Kool & The Gang, oh yeah! Jamming here! :)
Have a wonderful day!
Sandra

LiLi M. said...

Yeah! I told you before; May is the most green and lush month here too, I love it. Love that tree, I wonder whether my mystery tree is a katsura or related. I'll keep you posted!

Ivy Bend said...

Sweet!

Linda Reeder said...

Can't beat blue and green - spring green, blue sky!

sue w. said...

I think I need to talk to you about that tree. I am in the market for a tree, and to get one that smells good- what a bonus!