Thursday, May 21, 2009

This Weeks Projects

I've been doing a little of this and that this week. A couple projects started because we cleaned out the garage last Saturday. The first project - this table. I brought it home from the beach house last summer. It was my grandparents, from the 30's. It hasn't been used for a very long time - and I think it's time for meals to be served on once again. I'm still debating whether I want to paint it or not... Next up, the rocker I purchased for a buck last summer. I've put on the primer coat and now it's ready to be painted. It'll have a cute new cushion when it's done too...
And oh yeah, I gotta show you my new friend. No need to spend so much time sanding before painting, this primer is a fantastic!
Beside prepping for paint, I made up a couple teacher gifts, and
since we had a shower at church for my soon to be niece-in-law, I made her an apron keeping her wedding and kitchen colors in mind.
With a bit of the leftover material, I gussied up some kitchen towels for her too. I made one other thing this week for the 3rd Annual Cottage Charm Giveaway on May 30th. I just have a couple more things to pull together before I can post about it, so stay tuned...

6 comments:

Patina said...

Wow, thanks for the tip on the primer. I usually use Kilz but it doesn't always work like I think it should. I'm going to give this one a try.

The apron you made turned out just beautiful! And what a great idea, using some of the fabric on the towels. Love the bright colors too!

Sandra said...

What a pretty apron! I look forward to seeing your finished project on your rocking chair. :)
Blessings,
Sandra

LiLi M. said...

If I were you I should paint the table, says she who has quite a similar table with only a varnish kind of paint of her grandmother. But I really think that we could enjoy the tables more if they had a worn paint, don't you?. I love the fabrics that you are working with. All your projects with it turned out great, I bet the rocking chair will be totally different when your magic hands has touched him. Cannot wait to see! Have a great weekend!

Tanya Ricketts said...

You are really talented. Very nice things you've done to give as presents. The table is really nice and also the rocking chair. It'll look great when you finish it.
xxxoooo

Linda Reeder said...

Very cool apron! I'llook forward to checking back on your projects.

Anonymous said...

Super cute apron and towels, Karoline! Wanna come to my shower? Hee-hee! ☺