Thursday, October 22, 2009

Almond Joy Cupcakes

Can you tell I'm home bound with a sick girl??
I have all sorts of things I should be doing, but what do I do..... I bake.
Hubby's home today also. He's working on fencing in our property, and I knew he'd love this treat. I've seen all sorts of Almond Joy cupcake recipe variations out there, but I wanted easy.
Here's my no fuss how to:
Prepare a store bought devils food cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into 24 cupcake papers.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 7-8 minutes, remove from oven. Add chopped up Almond Joy candy bars to each partially baked cupcake. Return to oven and continue baking until done - about 7-8 minutes more.
When cooled, frost as desired.
*I went easy and piped on store bought chocolate frosting that I doctored up with almond extract. The toasted coconut made them even prettier.
There you have it. No fuss and oh so good!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yummy!~ Almond Joy... My favorite! I will definitely give your recipe a try...Thanks for sharing!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Almond Joy CUPCAKES??? Oh my...they do sound delish!

Blessings,
Spencer

Deborah said...

Why are you doing this to me? I love almond joy candy above all others and I am salivating over these cupcakes. then I look farther down and you are talking about more food. That's it I am going to get a snack. Love the nut cups you made. (Looks like you had a great time in the Joli Paquet swap. It is so much fun to swap with people who like the same things you do).