Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thriftin' and Antiquing Today

Since I have some Christmas money still burning a hole in my pocket, I decided to do a little antiquing today. I was so thrilled to find a pin money bank! I very rarely find these in antique malls around here - I couldn't pass this one up cuz it was cheap! I found this charming "small change" bank in the same booth - had to have it too...
My main goal was to find some old Easter postcards and I was successful in my search. Yeah... I had to bring home a couple that had roses too... one has really neat pink fringe all around - I love it!
I collect German elfinware (on the left) and when I spotted the little covered trinket dish I snatched it up - $3.00 what a bargain! I also found the sweet little bone china posy and I can hardly ever resist a Lefton piece with applied roses...
I have a weakness for Victorian funeral baskets so naturally this was going home with me as soon as I found it. This one is HUGE and so beautiful - I need to do some re-arranging to find a good spot for it.
Daphne and I managed to do a little thrifting too while Sydney was at school. Thursday's at Value Village is a great day since they offer 50% off a certain colored tag. At first, shopping was looking kind of glum... I then spotted this vintage 60's lace and chiffon formal. It's so very retro cool! It was 50% off - I paid $3.50 and was thrilled!!
Oh... and lastly I picked up this cute box that has a Victorian look to it. It'll make a great storage box for craft supplies. Our dog Dexter couldn't stop sniffin' ...


No comments: