Sunday, April 27, 2008

Changing Mood...

On Friday, I picked up a few neat new things at an excellent estate sale (I'll do a post showing my finds soon). Anyways, a couple things I bought got me thinking about a few new ideas that I want to do to change our "couch room" a little. The couch room is one bedroom in our house that we left as a little TV/playroom for the girls.
So, today for my first project, I had hubby cut and miter the corners of some scrap wood.
I glued and nailed the pieces together to make 14" square frames, which I'll cover with vintage tablecloths to look like an unframed painting on a canvas.
I cut the fabric in 16" squares and stapled it around the frames.
I made a total of 9 squares to hang on the wall. I wanted the design to have a patchwork quilt look to it, and here it is...
One project for the room down, a few more to go. I'll keep you posted.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great idea for vintage tablecloths! It looks very pretty!

Alison Gibbs said...

That looks wonderful.
I am sure the girls love it
Alison

LiLi M. said...

Oh Karoline, what a wonderful job you have done, it just looks smashing! Your picture could be in a Cath Kidston book, without being noticed its yours!

Needled Mom said...

What a clever idea. It makes a great wall hanging and very patchwork looking.

Linda said...

This is the neatest idea...I love the color combinations.
Your Lemon Torte looks yummy! I love any dessert made with lemons. Have a great week. Linda

Susan said...

A very cute idea. I am loving my items!!! I have the swag hanging in our master bedroom. My curtain in there are a dark crimson so it went perfectly!!!
Susan

A Hint of Home said...

Very clever! I love the look. Thanks for sharing and for the lemon torte recipe.

Jen Glover said...

Great idea! LOVE it! Reminds me of Melissa Frances' new collection! Happy Monday!